Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Okay... Time to Play Catch Up!

...This make take a while!.....And so our story of 2011 begins. Yes, a bit late seeing how it is already almost the end of April. (Actual BLOGGING DATE: 4/25) I have a million excuses--school, work, being tired, etc... but the biggest is that I just haven't felt like blogging. So not good for my "blogging family journal" which I print at the end of the year so I promise to try to do better the rest of the year.

Just a brief overview....January went by quickly as it is a busy month with birthday fun and even Hunter's Baptism! Reagan happily gave a talk at church and Travis became a Sunbeam! Crazy--I taught Sunbeams for years and can't believe my little guy is that big already!

February was really rough early on... I got the Influenza ("the flu") officially for the first time in my life and literally felt like I was going to die. (I'm sure it was just the fever--I had trouble keeping it under 102 degrees with only Tylenol and was worried so I actually went to the Dr. They thought I was a new patient since I hadn't been there in so long!) Luckily, I got better after 5 or so long days. The kids got sick, but not as bad or so it seemed. Jason stayed a million miles away from us all--trying to stay well. It worked! He made it out unscathed the lucky guy!

The rest of February is a blurr. It went by even quicker than January with me working on my school work in addition to daily life. Jason continued to spend much of his free time working on the Model A and Reagan kept busy with all her after school activities. Travis got to go to his first "friend birthday party" and thought he was so grown up. Fun!

March came with the wind and I found myself without an OB doctor. My wonderful Dr. Tran, who had gotten me through two miscarriages and helped figure out a way to keep me pregnant with Travis and this time, confided in me the month before that he was moving. I was devastated, but understood since he was doing it for his family who had already moved. (He told me early because he wasn't going to even be there for my next appt....I was grateful he told me, but glad when it came out officially because I wanted the world to know how bummed I was about the situation.) So, I started seeing Dr. Harrison...the doctor that Dr. Tran had brought in to work with him. He is nice, but no Dr. Tran.

In March, Reagan also had a small piano recital at Sister Innes's house. Reagan really is loving playing primary songs right now. Jason and Travis got our garden up and going...using a new technique even! March also brought Spring Break...but more on that in a future post!

April....is blowing by in a blink also. Reagan sang in her grade's musical, "The Susical Musical" and was a very cute blue fish. Speaking of fish--Jason and Travis have kept busy fishing every spare minute they have lately. They have also been tinkering with one of the old tractors these days.

With each day speeding by, we have been keeping busy with the usual things also. Reagan is dancing, doing gymnastics, and continues to plug away at the piano. She loves school and plays soccer most every day. Mrs. Waltrip, her teacher, must be doing a good job because there is never a day she wants to stay home. In fact, when we were all sick in February, she cried because she had to stay home. I hope all my kids will love school as much as she does!

At the beginning of April, Reagan had "Parents Day" at dance so Daddy, Travis, and I all went to watch. Reagan is a ham and loves to perform, but quickly loses interest when they have to repeat parts of the dance they mess up on. Reagan was really excited to see all of us there to watch her though! She is growing up so fast!
































































Reagan and Travis are learning to enjoy each other's company more and more. They love playing outside together, especially catching bugs, playing with the baby chicks, and riding bikes/tractors. They also play lots of school--Reagan teaches Travis lots of new things! One of their favorites by far though is playing Legos together. They build and build, each coming up with a more outlandish story to go with their castle, house, or spaceship. It really is cute. I love their imaginations!












































































Pregnancy is going well and Jason insists that we have to have a few belly shots to prove I was pregnant. I am pretty positive I have never allowed him to take so many in the past! But since I am almost done, I guess it is okay.(Approximations:) 36 wks:
35 weeks:





32 weeks: Crazy how fast your body changes--that is for sure!






Travis had been keeping us on our toes the past few weeks...he is just naughty! Or is he just a boy? I'm not sure which, but he is sure a handful lately. But with his cute grin, it is hard to stay mad at him!











1 comment:

John and Kori said...

You look great Amanda! Good luck on the last few weeks of pregnancy. I hope everything goes well.