Sunday, July 19, 2009

Accomplishments...

This week was one of accomplishments. I started out the week with high ambitions and got even more accomplished than I imagined. First, I bottled chicken! And some beef! It's not the prettiest, but we turned it into delicious tacos the next night and it definitely made me proud. Next, Reagan learned to ride her bike without training wheels. She certainly has taken her time, but within just a few short minutes of riding on our new "paved pad," which is apparently all she ever needed--she is a natural and is loving her bike. Yeah! Jason's accomplishment is our new pavement pad back by the shop--with his dad's help, we have a great place to wash our cars (one of my later accomplishments for the week) and play some basketball...as soon as we get a goal. Travis's accomplishment for the week was learning to wake up in the middle of the night and come get in our bed...I'm not much of a fan of this one! His greatest accomplishment was going "potty" in his potty twice on his own--I just looked up and he was stripping off his clothes and had gotten his diaper most of the way off and said, "Potty!"...so off we ran and he was successful x2! Too cool and with no effort from Mom (I'm torn though--should I try to potty train him at just 21 months? especially with us leaving on vacation next week? I think I may hold off and hope he's still interested in a month or so.)
I think our greatest accomplishment for the week was just having fun though! We played tennis, went to the movies, went to the pool (where both kids learned to LOVE the slide), went to a friend's pool, played in the mud, made cookies and messes, and just enjoyed summer.
On a side note--I got to hang out with 2 of my "long lost" cousins for a couple hours on Saturday! It was fun and I was glad to "find" them and know that Amy and Dani are doing good! Cousins are fun!

5 comments:

Heidi Bryce said...

Way to go Amanda!!! Sounds like it was a great week. How is MGRMC??

Heather A said...

I feel like I can quite a bit, but I haven't ever done chicken or beef on my own! Good for you!

Miken Harding said...

Yeah....it looks great! We just bought pork for $1 pound-got 36 pints out of it!

Amber H. said...

I love it when you get in those productive modes. Good job with the chicken and beef! We've done the chicken, but not beef yet. It just feels good to know we will be ok food wise if anything happens! And how exciting for your new pad. I need to come and see it! Thanks for coming swimming with us! It was so fun to hang out Ü

Melanie Hahn said...

I love accomplishments! My favorite is that you count making messes and playing as accomplishments! More people should think that way, I'm going to think that way more often. :) Great job on the canning...I have a presure cooker now and I really need to learn how to use it and can some stuff!