Wednesday, September 3, 2008

We Canoe...Do you??


Okay...so we don't really canoe, but are learning to! My dad found and repaired a sunken canoe from Roosevelt Lake recently and brought it down for us to play with. So, armed with only a paddle, battery and trolling motor, Jason, Travis, and I headed up to Blue Ponds this am. (This is the best part of living in the boonies--we can be having outdoor fun by driving just 5 mins.!) The canoe floats! And actually got going pretty fast with the trolling motor...it is a bit wobbly and made me nervous, but we didn't turn it over! Success! It was fun! We will have to go again soon as Reagan missed out due to school and is going to be VERY mad that she wasn't on the first voyage and Travis skipped canoeing for a nap.




7 comments:

Heather A said...

Ryan's dad has a canoe that we have been out on. It is definitely shaky. Sounds like you had fun. Hope you get to go out in it again soon!

Valerie said...

we need an email address to invite you to our blog. you can send it to vpotterf@hotmail.com.....

Unknown said...

Blue Ponds?! You tried out a recently sunken canoe in Blue Ponds? Brave.
You guys do choose the most interesting things to do for fun.

Becca said...

Love your blog! I had the same background for awhile:)

After reading your blog, I have decided we still have so much in common: 1 girl (about the same age), 1 boy (in the same order), & our husbands have the same profession (though you won't see any references to it on our blog as Chad is a little paranoid).

Your family is super cute & you look great!

Jeremy.Celeste said...

Amanda, I found your blog thru Heather. Sounds like you had a lot of fun trying out a canoe. I haven't been out on a boat or anysort for a long time, I guess I am overdue. Hope you get to take little Reagan out on the canoe. Your little family is so dang cute.

Jeremy.Celeste said...

Sorry, about that I didn't tell you who I was. This is Celeste Rhoton Brown

Amy Allred said...

You'll have to make it up to Reagan and bring her out to our lake. Heck well even let you in for free! ;)