Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy 6th Birthday Reagan!

When Reagan got a phone call this morning, I had to laugh. She shouted in the phone at her Nana "I AM FINALLY 6!!!" It must have been a long time time coming for this little girl--she is always playing catch up-- as most kids are older and of course she wants to be like them! She was so excited for today to come--to finally be six years old! Me...well, I wasn't as excited I guess. My little girl is growing up and that makes a mom a bit sad, but it is FUN!
Turning 6 of course meant a Horse Party with "just girls"! So, yesterday we had a fun little party with some girl friends and the guest of honor was of course--A HORSE! Her name is Angel and she is a miniature horse. (No, we didn't give in to Reagan's pleading of wanting a horse--she is a friend's from work who just wanted a day on the town!!) The girls got to pet, kiss, and feed Angel. I think Angel loved the excitement as much as the girls did! It was cute--some girls were brave, others a bit skiddish--but everyone loved her by the end!

We did girly things like make bracelets, learn to rope cows, have pony races, and break the horsey pinata. Then--a horseshoe cake with ice cream and lots of presents. After everyone left, Daddy and Mommy gave her our presents--a stable and a basketball goal. Reagan's reply was "This is the best birthday ever!" which of course melted our hearts!
Tonight, Reagan got to celebrate with family and her cousins and enjoy tacos, and a chocolate cake and ice cream at Nana's house....and this Friday, the boys will come over for a sleep over! (Yes, I think this maybe the birthday that never ends, but Reagan is loving it and I really don't mind--kids this age are pretty fun and easy going!)
Reagan truly is a blessing in our lives. She is kind and caring, messy and crazy, silly and giggly...what a girl! Her teacher Ms. Moore said that she is "enthusiastic" and "very helpful". Too funny-- I think if only given a few words, that is how I would describe her too! We love you Reagan Kalea Larson!

11 comments:

Becca said...

Happy Birthday Reagan! Looks like a super fun day! I was laughing while looking at the pics of her awesome pony party, as Bricklyn REALLY wants a pony party when she turns 6 too! :)
Thanks for your sweet message on my last post...it really is nice to have people who understand! My heart aches for YOU as well...it's harder than it sounds!
If you are going to the funeral this weekend let me know & we will try to find a minute to chat...I would love to see ya!

Amber H. said...

Oh my gosh, I would have seriously died when I was her age to have a horse at my party! It sounds like they had so much fun! Happy birthday Reagan!!

Unknown said...

We LOVE our sweet Reagan...our first grandaughter...and our most fearless girl!
So glad that she's FINALLY 6 and know that she'll have a great year.
A horse birthday (complete with horse) is a dream come true for ANY kid! Way to go Mom and Dad!

*Shaffen and Misty* said...

Happy Birthday Reagan! It looked like a lot of fun! I still think it is funny that her and Covin can still be friends even though boys are grouse!!

Amy Allred said...

Happy Birthday Miss Reags!!! We love you so much! Thanks for including the boys in your celebrations!

Luke & Erica said...

Reagan is such an adorable little girl. I love the idea of a pony party, how much fun!!!

Kris said...

Emma had so much fun! I'm glad that Reagan had a great day. Sorry for not talking to her on Sunday- we missed her. See you guys soon!

Cole and Julie said...

Funny thing, Amber Halverson said that she thought she saw pictures of Bren on your blog. So of course I had to check them out. Bren couldn't stop talking about the pony, it looks like they had a blast.

Kori said...

You must be an old woman Manders if you have a six year old! I was just thinking that all of us girls from the college years need to get together, it's been way to long.

Cole and Julie said...

P.S. We have a blog but it is private, send me an email at
nm2arizona@gmail.com and I'll send you an invite.

Melanie Hahn said...

that looks like the coolest party EVER! You are a great mommy to throw such a fun party!!