Thursday, September 17, 2009

Success x 2: 10K and Potty Training


Success #1: Saturday's 10K was a success! In that I mean--I didn't kill over, I made it to the finish line, and I was there! The race was supposed to be 6.2 miles, but Coach Kate from EA got a bit confused and it was said to be a good 6.45 miles....so I was actually happy with a time of 68.24 minutes. Yes--that is SLOW, but who cares?! I really did have fun, and was grateful to see some familiar faces that morning. (I tried to convinced my 2 sister-in-laws Josylyn and Dana to run the 5K and it worked-- and they did it! Way to go girls and thanks for coming with me!)
Success#2: Travis is doing great at potty training...we've gone 48+ hrs with no accidents, gone #2 in the potty, are sleeping (nap and at night) without accidents too, and he likes to stand up and go like a big boy! We are still working on him telling us when he has to go...he does occasionally and occasionally we still have accidents (if playing distracts us!), but overall I couldn't be a happier Mommy! (Except this means my baby is growing up...and isn't much of a baby anymore...that part does make me sad!)

Yeah for Travis! What a big boy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Travis (and ALL the kids) are growing up way too fast (at least for THIS nana).
Congrats on the race and the potty training. Glad to see that he's gotten it a WHOLE lot faster than his dad did...must be the trainer!

Joy said...

Yay for potty training! Congrats on the 10K

Cole and Julie said...

Travis is such a cutie, he looks like a little handsome man. The girls better watch out!

Amy Allred said...

Way to go Amanda and Travis!!!!