Saturday, August 28, 2010

Triathletes Rock!



Triathletes Rock! And I am not just saying that since I just did a triathlon. Okay, maybe I am. It was tough, and anyone who says its easy is crazy! You have to be in pretty good shape or just have an awesome mental ability to drive yourself to do one. I think I had a little of each so that was helpful to me, but it was still hard. I really enjoyed it though. Minus the swimming--which was torture for me because I don't swim (I just did the back stroke and made it okay, but I'm sure people were laughing because it took me twice the time it took most people to swim--but who cares?! I was just out to have fun and use this as just another training day for our marathon that is coming up in a few weeks.)---I loved the biking and running. Maybe someday I'll get a fast bike or at least slick tires so I can be good a that part. And by the time I got to the running portion, my legs felt pretty dead (like I had already ran 18 or so miles), but I made it and even past a few people on the way! I'm not sure of my time and I'm not even sure I want to know...a little over 2 hours I think though. I finished and that is all that matters to me! (because I really thought about quitting after the first lap of swimming!) I am glad my running buddy MC talked me into doing it though. It was a cool experience!


Triathlon:


$50 entry


$20 helmet


Jason less sleep (had to get Reagan to cheer camp)


625 yards of swimming (one training swim)--YUCK!


15 miles of biking (one training ride)--Fun!


3.1 miles of running (lots of this training!)--felt good!


missing college friend lunch reuinion (such a bummer!!!)


But,

FINISHING:

Priceless!
Ps--Looked at my time--2 hrs. 4 mins....not to bad for my first time ( 32nd overall)! My friend MC was awesome--she came in 14 overall! Too fun!

5 comments:

Kori said...

Very impressive Amanda! Where did you do it at? A part of me would love to do one but I would fail miserably at the swimming. We missed you at the girls lunch. Next time you come to town we'll have to do it with all of us here.

Unknown said...

Congrats Amanda...one thing about you, set a goal and reach it!!
Thanks for showing us just how it's done. Good luck on your marathon.

Dana said...

That's awesome. You've really become a great athlete. I'm proud of you.

Heidi Bryce said...

Way to go Amanda. Good luck with the marathon.

Stephanie said...

You rock Amanda!!!!! Good luck in the marathon!!