Monday, May 16, 2011

Jace's Arrival

Jace's Arrival...it took some time, but he is finally here!
I went in to the hospital on May 2--Monday morning at 7am to start the induction process. I wasn't thrilled about an induction, but was ready to have a baby...and felt like it was probably the best plan since I was still on my blood thinners and didn't want to have to worry about any of that stuff. SO...to the hospital we went. After some cytotech and after hours of walking around MGRMC (I'm pretty sure we got in a couple of miles--we walked outside most of the time), not much progress--dilated to a 4 and contracting, but by the afternoon the contractions were slowing...and Jason and I were bored to say the least! Patiently, we waited until about 6 pm when the next shift of nurses came on and we got things going! They put me on pitocin and I got my epidural. My friend and nurse--Erica was fantastic and I even got Jason as my nurse anesthetist. Things were going great...I started to dilated and of course contract. I didn't mind though since I had the epidural. After a few hrs. though, the epidural stopped working on my right side completely--it was crazy to be in full labor, but only on one side of my body. Luckily, Jason came back in and fixed me up. My labor was a long and slow process--no real surprise there as my other two had been also. I pushed and pushed...that was a really strange feeling because you didn't really know if you were pushing or not or what you were really doing--I could only feel pressure down there, not really pain....finally, Dr. Harrison asked if I needed some help, and by that point I really did. I had been pushing off and on for over 2 hours I think...So, Dr. Harrison "helped" me along with the vacuum and pulled little Jace out at 0143 on Tuesday, May 3rd! (Dr.Harrison said my pelvic bone was just too much in the way to get him out on my own--so that is my problem--rotten pelvic bone!) He came out a bit blue, but started crying right away! He was beautiful! A blessing from above!
And he was big! He was 8 lbs. 9 oz. and 21 1/2 inches long! I can't believe it--I had joked that Reagan was 6 lbs 6 oz, and Travis was 7 lbs 7 oz, and this guy had better not be 8 lbs 8oz and he was! Too crazy! Also...my weird number thing still stands--Reagan was born on the 23, Travis on the 13, and Jace on the 3rd! Cool, but crazy!







































Erica and Jason--my heroes!




















Waiting....









































Having a baby is such a miracle! I will never be one to say that "Labor is just so beautiful"....labor is painful but I am happy to say this was the best delivery yet...and my baby--HE IS BEAUTIFUL!

1 comment:

Kris said...

We are so happy for you guys & can't wait to meet him! I'm bummed that we haven't been able to get down there yet, but we will!

Congrats!