Monday, October 19, 2009

Family Fun

Last Saturday, we made a trek to Tucson for a little fun family getaway. Our first stop was Disney On Ice Worlds of Fantasy. Jason had tried to say that ice skating shows were just for women and small children...but I convinced him this was a family excursion for all and it wasn't optional for him to miss out. (I was actually pleasantly surprised to see another family from our ward there--with the Dad in tow....men are so funny about these things!)
Cute family huh?! We stood in line to see princess dresses and all the things fairy tales are made of....Reagan loved this and we even got to see Cinderella and Belle (which was great since these are her two favorite princesses right now). Daddy and Travis weren't as impressed as us girls were...at least while waiting in line!
Reagan and I had been to Disney on Ice once before so we were prepared for the awe and wonder, but I think it really surprised and impressed Jason and Travis. Jason became the official photographer and I think I ended up with over 75 pics of the amazing event. It was broken up into four little segments: Cars, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, and Tinkerbelle. Travis was glued to the entire show and I don't think ever took his eyes off the ice. His favorite was Lightening McQueen and Mater of course....he was so excited to see them in person. (He loves to watch the movie and every night we read one of three Mater stories...I think he's addicted!) As for Reagan, she was glad to have a friend at her side--the C's joined our in our little getaway so Lucy and Reagan took turns singing quite loudly along with the performance. It was hilarious and so sweet at the same time! Reagan said her favorite was the Lion King part and she definitely sang the loudest during it...she knows the songs by heart. I just enjoyed the awe of it all...my kids being so excited, Jason and I being relaxed, and just taking in the amazing talent of the skaters/actors/actresses. It really was cool. We'll definitely do it again one day!



We finished out the trip with some shopping, a wonderful dinner at Carraba's, and a comfy night's stay at the Hilton (Yeah for Priceline!!!). The kids especially loved the pool! They are both still fish and loved the water, even though it was a bit on the chilly side! We all love home, but it was nice to get away for a day and enjoy some family fun!

4 comments:

Amy Allred said...

It looks like you had tons of fun! It looked way cooler than the one we went to a few years back.

Unknown said...

How Fun! I am so glad that you guys are making such great family memories!

Melanie Hahn said...

WHAT FUN!!! I have always wanted to take my daughter to one of those shows. It looks alot more exciting than even I expected!! Glad to hear your husband turned out to like it..I'll use this info when I try to get my husband to go sometime!

Heather A said...

Looks like a super fun outing. Makes me a little jealous! :)