Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Travis is 2!!!!!



WOW! Time sure flies when you are having fun...and I have to be honest--its been nothing but FUN since little guy came along. He is so funny, easy going, loving, crazy, and even naughty...I can't believe he's already 2! He is such a big boy, yet he's still so small and still my baby!
What a boy Travis is...he loves tractors right now so of course that was the theme of his party on Saturday. ( He knows green tractors are John Deere and those are his favorites right now which made decorating even easier since those are Daddy's favorite's too!) We invited family and friends over for the birthday celebration. Jason grilled chicken and I made a tractor cake and we were set!

After dinner, there was a pony race--I'm still not sure who won...and who just made galloping look good! Then was the coveted tractor train ride on Poppa's train. The kids ALL loved this! (Thanks for letting us borrow it and for the rides Poppa!) Next, was the pinata that was big enough to ride...Travis loved it and I thought he wasn't going to enjoy tearing it to bits, but I was wrong--he whacked that tractor with all his might with the best of them, knocking off the first tire! Travis got lots of fun big boy toys---tractors, trucks, tools, puzzles, and cute tractor pants. He was a typical 2 year old and hated giving up one present to open the next...and just wanted to eat his pinata candy and the bag of candy Uncle Tanner gave him so there were some tears and a bit of a fit--told ya he is naughty! He did love blowing out the candles on his tractor cake though and tried and tried unsuccessfully until he finally got some cousin and sister help! He also loved the tractors his Daddy bought him--we had to pry them out of his hand when it was time to go to bed that night! He also loved his workbench Jason built just for him, with tools and all...he is "fix'n" everything now! Too cute! It was a fun party! Thanks to all who came and shared in our fun...and thanks for the awesome gifts--Travis loves them all!
Naughty or not, we love Travis and are grateful to have him in our lives! Happy 2nd Birthday Travis! We love you!

6 comments:

Luke & Erica said...

You always look like you throw the best birthday parties. I think you plan my next one, O.K. Just wanted to get the word out, I am starting a Hair Bow of the Month Club, if you are interested, check out my blog, lilcutiehairbows.blogspot.com

Joy said...

What a fun tractor party! Perfect for a little boy! That cake is too cute!!

Kris said...

We had so much fun! Thanks for inviting us, I'm glad we stayed around for the festivities.

That first pic of Travis is freakin' adorable!

Amy Allred said...

Happy Birthday Travis!! We had fun and were happy to be a part of his special day!

Unknown said...

What a great party you guys throw! On the way home Kent said, "I'm more than happy to let the kids take over the cooking/entertaining thing and I'll just sit back and enjoy!"
I guess I'll have to agree.
Happy Birthday Travis! Our ONLY Larson grandson!

Kori said...

Looks like fun! Remember that Kenny Chesney song 'Tractor Sexy" that came out when you and Jason were dating. I'm glad you're still keeping the tractor theme alive.