Sunday, June 6, 2010

Temple Dreams...Reality


I've always dreamed of how nice it would be to have a temple just up the road from your house. That dream is now a reality and I am loving it! Jason and I went the first week it opened. We left the kids with a babysitter (which they loved!) and drove the 5 short minutes up the road to our Gila Valley Temple. Crazy isn't it?! It was awesome....our session was full of familiar faces including our Bishop. It just felt literally like home...comfortable and peaceful...no worries or stresses...just the tranquility that only the Lord can give.

This week, I had the opportunity to go with the Laurels to do Baptisms. They were so excited--there was lots of help there ready and waiting for us and they told the girls they were the very first youth group to go through! I think the temple workers were just as giddy as we were! As the very first Laurel, Katie, walked down into the font, I got the chills and the strongest feeling of excitement ran through me. Maybe that is how the people felt on the other side that we were doing the work for. It was definitely an aweing experience...I loved every minute of it!

We are so blessed to have a temple here in our valley!

1 comment:

Kori said...

Now there are now excuses...except for the babysitter part. It's such a blessing to have a Temple close by.