Sunday, March 29, 2009

Cinderella and Other Fairytales...

Last weekend we just took life easy and hung out at the house. This meant we could get some important things done...like cleaning the kids' play room (which mind you-- wasn't very messy since I had picked it up the day before due to the carpet being cleaned). I sent Reagan in to pick up the mess she had made that morning when she woke up. It was as simple as picking up the "Little People" and all the plastic farm animals and dinosaurs. You would have thought this was the most trying, horrific task in the world as Reagan wailed, tears streaming down her face..."I'm just like Cinderella! I have to clean everything!" My poor mistreated 5 yr old is quite the drama queen...I can't even imagine what life will bring when she turns 15!
Later that day as Travis enjoyed tormenting the baby chicks and Jason worked on his latest tractor restoration project, Reagan decided it was time to ride her three wheeler. She got on and off she went...no fear....throttle maxed (in 1st gear of course!). She sped away and the quickly returned. "I AM SPEED! I AM LIGHTING MCQUEEN!" I had to laugh...this girl sure does live fairytales in real life!
My fairytale of having the perfect little boy also came to an end last week as Travis learned the dreaded word "NO!!!". In the past he had just shook his head, but now it is always the loud shriek of "NNNNNOOOOOO!!!!" in our ears. Our little Prince Charming did redeem himself, as in the same few days, he also learned to give kisses! So sweet!

One of my favorite fairytales of last week didn't include my children though...I picked up (and of course couldn't put down) Twilight. The story was enthralling and all enveloping. I truly enjoyed it, perhaps even LOVED it!!! (Just as all my sister-in-laws said I would! They are all die hard fans!) As I found the read consuming, I have put off starting to read the rest of the series...I have to study for PALS (work stuff!) and I know if the books were even at my house, nothing else would be accomplished. 'Til my next fairytale...

4 comments:

Luke & Erica said...

Your Reagan sounds like my Avery, drama, drama, drama. Keep in mind, mine isn't even 4 yet. So glad that you finally read Twilight. Yeah, I would put off starting #2 because once you read that one, you pretty much just have to finish the series.

Unknown said...

It's it interesting how EVERY generation goes through feeling like they are soooo overworked and picked on. I can certainly remember my kids feeling like they were so overworked and picked on and I can even vaguely remember telling my Mom that "the only reason you had kids was to do the dishes and clean YOUR house!" How dumb was I?
Hang in there...Reagan will be a Mom someday and will laugh remembering how "Cinderella" she felt.

Amber H. said...

That is just way too funny! Reagan totally cracks me up :o) And I'm so sorry Travis finally learned the dreaded word! Hopefully he'll grow out of it soon!

Amy Allred said...

YEAH TWILIGHT!!!! You played it so cool the other night?!? I am glad to hear that you are thinking about it a lot! Now you just need to read the rest.