Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Girls Just Want To Have Fun






Yes, no matter how old a girl gets--she still just wants to have fun! So lucky me--I got a fun filled weekend "in the big city" without my hubby and kids...something I've never done before....but can't wait to do again!
I went with my 4 sister-in-laws and my mother-in-law to the Valley. First was a relaxing session at the temple with names from Grandma Joy. It was nice to not be in a hurry...and nice to be in the Lord's house. Next, was fish tacos at The Cheese Cake Factory. (They were amazing...I didn't tell Reagan about this part of my trip because I knew she would be jealous--she loves fish tacos almost as much as I do!) Then, a slumber party consisting of 5 grown girls...just having fun, laughing, and talking into the wee hours of the morning at the Goodman condo (so cool; gotta get one of those some day).
Getting up early on Saturday was surprisingly easy since we were all so excited to see NEW MOON! It was awesome...even better than I expected....and yes, I felt like a teenager again as we rushed to get our seats, sprinted to bathroom breaks, and oogled over the hot young boys on the screen. (Shhhh...don't tell my husband!) We finished our fun filled trip with some Christmas shopping and lots more talking.
My fun wasn't over just yet though...since Jason had to work, my little ones spent the weekend in Virden with my parents so when I got home, Jason and I got to go out on A DATE and spend an evening alone together...something we rarely ever do but maybe once or twice a year.
It was fun to be just a girl having fun...it was fun to just be a wife with her husband having fun, but it wasn't fun to be a mom without my kids around --so I went and got them early on Sunday.
It definitely was a weekend of fun times and good memories...I'm looking forward to more times like these in the future...there will be 2 more movies that we'll be dying to see...then we'll have to find another excuse to just get out of town and have some fun!

1 comment:

Amy Allred said...

I am so glad that we went!!! It was SOOOOO worth it! I can't wait until June 30th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for going!