Saturday, February 6, 2010

See It...Do It

The ER motto for teaching is often "See one, do one." I guess I apply this to other parts of my life too--as I learn. Well, the story starts last week when I attempted bread making and it was a complete bust....didn't even rise and I was too embarrassed to even photograph it as the beginning of my learning curve! I hate to fail at anything (surprised?!) so quickly I go to work and set up a little "bread making class" and watched a pro at work. Emily Larson, my husband's baby sitter at one point, was the teacher... and she is just that--A PRO! She is so good, she doesn't even measure! (I don't think I've ever had or will have her confidence in the kitchen!) She was fun to watch and talk to though! (I love that girl!) Our bread turned out nothing short of perfect and yummy! I was so proud!
I "saw one" so it was my turn to "do one"! I made bread yesterday! I had to think just a bit and half Emily's recipe and still hope it came out right---and surprisingly it did! I made some mini loaves (that looked and tasted amazing) and one lg. loaf (that looked like a mess 'cuz it stuck to the pan, but tasted heavenly...gotta get some special "Emily pans" soon).
It worked! I did it! I think I'm getting the hang of this homemaking thing!
ps--I took some to work and no one believed that I made it from scratch--said "its too perfect!" It passed the test though--everyone enjoyed it warm with honey butter in the wee hrs. of the morning!

3 comments:

Kris said...

Bread sure isn't for the kitchen-timid, is it? Congrats on your yummy stuff. I remember actually calling my bread-making friends to brag when I finally got some bread to be decent. Someday I'll be like Emily.....

Stephanie said...

Bring some to my house next time!!!! Yum it looks good!

Jeremy.Celeste said...

It looks so good. Do I get some? Just kidding! If I were closer, I would have you come over and bring some. Learning things from a "wiser one" is so much fun.....:)