Friday, July 9, 2010

Family Fun at Roper Lake

June 12, 2010 (You know the tune: Catching up is fun to do...hard to do! )

What an awesome morning we had at Roper Lake! It's such a cool little place that is under-used and under-appreciated, especially by us! The day was a good reminder of how fun Roper Lake is! Scott (Roper Lake Manager and our brother-in-law) and Amy (Scott's awesome wife and Jason's sister) and some "friends of Roper Lake" worked really hard and put together some fun runs and games. It really was awesome!
I ran in the 5k. It was warm and I was tired (since I'd just gotten off work and had been up over 24hrs) ,but still managed to get a time of 28:30--which I was thrilled with! (I know I'm slow, but I think this was my fastest time yet...so yeah for me!)

Jason and the kids came and we all ran the 1k together! That was really fun for me--getting to share something I really love with my whole family. All the cousins ran too! Travis rode in the stroller, Roxy got carried most of the way, and Reagan ran her heart out. There was a mix up about where to turn around at, so by default she ended up winning the race. She was thrilled and even got a little prize. She was most proud of the participation medal she got though!

Reagan and Roxy's picture even ended up in the paper--along with a quote from Dad and more pictures of the cousins. Too cool!

It really was a fun morning and I can't wait till the next one!

Pirated pictures: (Thanks Amy!)

No comments: