Monday, November 3, 2008

Cruella and Her Dalmatian




I love Halloween and its all about the costumes right?! Well, I tried to convince Reagan to be Cinderella this year and Travis could be a mouse but she wasn't having any part of it! So a friend suggested Cruella and a dalmatian. Sounded so cute, but I ran it by Reagan and she said she had to watch the movie again (to make sure that is who she wanted to be). After the movie (the non-animated version), she decided it would be cool to be Cruella--"Only if I don't have to go to jail afterward." (Only a police officer's daughter would think of that one!) We found a cool costume on Ebay and thanks to Misty we also had a very cute dalmatian! Halloween day brought lots of festivities. Travis and I went to Reagan's Halloween parade and party at school. (It was cool to see some funny and creative costumes--my favorite was the boy who looked like he was holding his head in a jar! The biggest hit for the kids was a chicken costume--the kids did the dance and even chanted "Go chicken go!" It was hilarious!) Our family also went to the school carnival which Reagan loved! Jason had to go to work and then it was off to the Trunk or Treat with the Larson cousins! Candy and more candy! Reagan is now VERY good at trick or treating and very impressed by the candy--which she kept trying to eat the whole time! Travis just hung out in the stroller and commented "Whoa and wow." The night wouldn't be complete without a trip to Gram's for cousin pics and a new stop--Aunt Tanya's and Uncle Bruce's who saved us some good candy! Too much fun!

5 comments:

Amber H. said...

K, so that Cruella costume is awesome! And how fun that you made their costumes coordinate! It's funny that you said that my twins should have been sheep to go with Felicity's costume because that is exactly what I was going to make them be. When I started pricing out the costumes though, it would have been cheaper to buy and save me a TON of time! I couldn't find any cute sheep costumes, so I had to settle for the jesters! We still loved them though! When are you going to call me to do digital scrapbooking? Is your class over now??

Jeremy.Celeste said...

I love that you coordinated their costumes. I have always wanted to do that. So super cute. You have such cute little kids. Love Cruella! So super cute!

Becca said...

I tried to get my kids to be Tink & Peter Pan, but no luck! I think Reagan makes an adorable Cruealla & I love her statement about not wanting to go to jail...you are right, only an officers kid would think of that :)

Alene said...

The costumes are awesome! I love Reagan's hat.

Luke & Erica said...

Those were the cutest costumes. Great idea!