Tuesday, December 2, 2008

30...and counting!

It finally happened! Not because I wanted it too, but because it was inevitable. I turned the big 30! It was frightening, I even wanted to cry when I thought this may mean I can't shop in the "Junior" section anymore. And when my soon to be sister-in-law said she is just a mear 20--I truly felt old!
I looked foreword to being 25 forever (just so I could rent a car and hotel room without getting the third degree), but that came and went all too fast and I wish I could have stayed 25 forever. It seems like such a nice age....but on to 30 it was for me. I guess I'll live....
I planned to write 30 fun facts about me on here, but that just seems too conceited and boring so how about 4 things I love....
1. I love my sweet husband. He keeps me on my toes--and laughing most of the time...IE--check out one of my birthday gifts! Picture pending... (Yes--it is a Duncan city limits sign! He is such a dork! Next year I want that diamond ring Reagan said I was getting okay?!)
2. I love my wonderful kids. They are my life and my joy...I am so blessed to be the mother of such special babes!
3. I love my family--all of them! I got cards, presents, phone calls, even dinner on the town for my birthday...all wonderful, but the most special gift was just realizing how much they all care and love me. I couldn't ask for a better family.
4. I love my job/profession. I love being a nurse and trying to fix people and help them get better. My boss and my co-workers are the best! I DO love being "part time" though--it makes me love it all the more.
Well, I guess 30 isn't so bad after all! I love my life...even if I am 30 and counting!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

And we love you Amanda. You are so many thing to so many people and we are grateful to have you in our lives...30 or not!

Amber H. said...

Happy Birthday! Yes, it is kind of a shock isn't it? I didn't think I cared until the day came, then I cared a LOT! I turned 30 in August and I'm over it now, so the sadness only lasts a few months! LOL! I can't believe he gave you a sign! Too funny :o)

*Shaffen and Misty* said...

It does sound frightening...I still have a little over a year before I freak out! I am glad you had a Happy Birthday!

McCall Ménage said...

Happy Birthday! I had a hard time with 30 this summer too. It makes me feel better that Mac will be 35 soon, though. Glad to hear you had a good day.

Luke & Erica said...

Happy b-day, I didn't realize. I am actually looking forward to being 30. I will be done have children and I will be fabulous, well at least that is my plan.

Kori said...

I actually remembered it was your birthday but was a slacker and didn't call or anything, bad Kori. the scary part is I'm not far behind. I think I'll be 29 and holding forever.

Becca said...

Happy Birthday friend! Where in the world did he find a Duncan city limits sign? (I hope he isn't as naughty as Chad & stole it..hehe). I will have to send you the commercial of what happens to husbands that give "not so glorious" gifts...it's priceless!

Jeremy.Celeste said...

Happy Birthday, I am not looking forward to turning 30 either. You do give me hope in what you have said, it will be okay. Love the sign your husband gave you. Too funny.