Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Bubble Broken....

I live in a bubble. Even though my husband is out fighting crime daily (yes, even on his days off he calls his buddies about the guy at the gas station who has a warrant)--I don't worry about him or us for that matter. I guess in my mind we're invincible. Well, my bubble has been broken. Last week, my in-laws house was broken into. Among the stolen was 3 laptops, lots of jewelry and cash, and their security and piece of mind. Then, this week the Graham Co. Sheriff was shot when he pulled up behind a car that was on the side of the road with the trunk open. Not a traffic stop, not a pursuit, not a fight--he was shot when he pulled over to help someone. What is going on in the world these days???? What happened to my small town haven???
My broken bubble reveals a world full of heartless, nasty, even cruel people who really are out there to get you. And they are even here in my town. Scary....and it worries me (and I don't think its just that I'm getting old and paranoid.)
Jason will be going back to work after being off for a few days. And yes, I'm nervous for him and I don't think I even once have been before. And I know he will be on his toes more than ever. Now you'll also find me doing anything and everything I can to protect my family from the scaries of the world--even when it isn't convenient. Top of that list--prayers and more prayers. I know it'll make me feel better, but I think my bubble is broken forever.

4 comments:

Amy Allred said...

It is horrible. I think that the church knows what it is talking about when they warned us of things happening years ago. "Get your houses in order" keeps ringing in my head. I think that our homes will be the only place we can feel safe. (Church and the Temple too, of course). Scary times are here.

Amber H. said...

I have totally been feeling the same way lately. I think I find comfort in thinking that we get such a small amount of the bad, and it's much worse in other places, so I count my blessings for that one. As for Jason and his job, I don't blame you for being scared. When I heard about Frank I was just totally shocked. Thank heavens he was able to pull the gun down and he had his bullet proof vest on! I'm so sorry about your family that got broken into! Wow, it is getting crazy!

Unknown said...

I'm am finding that this "incident" at our house has shaken us all...more than a little. We ALL live in bubbles that protect us from the nastiness around us and when we are forced to look outside...it isn't nice.
Thanks to all of you for your support and prayers and like you, I know that my prayers are becoming longer and more specific as we all face the scary things in this world.
Stay strong...

Jeremy.Celeste said...

Okay, so this is my worst fear. I am sorry about your bubble being broken. Prayers really help as long as we have that faith behind them. Even living up here in Utah, I am totally scared. I just keep praying and praying.