Saturday, June 13, 2009

Coach Pitch and Swim










Summer is in full swing and the Larson family is keeping busy. Reagan wanted to play baseball again, so Jason signed her up for coach pitch baseball...but they said she was too young and Jason would have to help coach if he wanted her to play. He agreed, thinking he would get to be someone's assistant. Nope--he got his own team (which means Travis and I get to be his assistants...lucky Daddy!) We are the Rockies. It is a good mix of a couple really talented kids, some kids who love to play, some kids who are there just 'cuz, and a couple kids who have never played even teeball....needless to say it is interesting! Luckily, Thatcher ball is really laid back. I think Jason and I are learning to be too...and are just enjoying the chaos. We were super busy with baseball last week with 4 games and only 2 this week. Reagan is having fun, but I think her hitting is actually getting worse...hope it's not the pitcher (aka Daddy!).
Reagan is also in swim lessons so we make a trip to the pool M-Th for 45mins. She is finally with a good teacher and in a class I think she can handle after 1 week of switching teachers and classes. What a mess, but she is loving it so I can't complain. Travis loves the water and tries to escape into it regularly...but if you aren't in swim, you aren't supposed to be in the water...he's a rebel and I spend my time trying to keep him out of trouble! Oh, summer days!

No comments: