Monday, June 29, 2009

Season Over





Our Thatcher league baseball season ended this week. Reagan and the Rockies had their final two games. As coaches, Jason and I are both glad its over...but it was fun and interesting to see the growth and improvement in most of the kids. Some of the kids that hadn't hit a ball all season finally got hits this week. And some of the good ones got a few more home runs added to their tallies. Its also amazing to me the bond you feel with these kids after just a few short weeks. I cheered and yelled for each one like they were my own (as evidenced by one of the dad's of another kid asking me which was my kid...he actually thought one of the boys was mine! Too funny! Guess I should have yelled at Reagan more!!!) We had a little party for them on Thursday. It rained, but the kids had a blast and we enjoyed visiting with the parents. It wasn't easy, but all in all I'm glad for the experience!
Reagan's swim lessons at the Safford pool also ended last week, so this week filled our spare time with dance camp. Reagan started out at the princess camp with the little girls, but got asked to move up to the "Pop Star" camp with the big girls on the first day. She was so excited to be dancing to the "cool" songs with the other big girls. She looked so small--only 5 dancing with girls 7 and up, but she could really hang! She's a great little dancer when she puts her mind to it and wants to do good.
We also had some swim lessons with Bonnie (a neighbor down the street who does lessons in another neighbor's pool.) It was great for Reagan....at the end of her Safford lessons, she all of the sudden got timid and didn't want to jump in or swim across the pool without help, but with Bonnie, she was swimming like a fish and even jumping off the diving board and into the deep end without any help. I have quickly come to realize--THIS is how swim lessons are supposed to be. Bonnie does great and Reagan is loving it and begging to go everyday. Yeah for summer fun!

3 comments:

Heather A said...

Wow! Sounds like a busy summer! We haven't gotten that busy yet with our kids. Hope it's a good one!

Amber H. said...

Ugh! How do you know about all of this stuff? I must live under a rock or something. My girls would have LOVED to do a dance camp! Also, does your friend Bonnie do swim lessons all the time? I really need to get my girls into some, and if she does a great job, I'd love to do them with her! How much does she charge?

Luke & Erica said...

Sounds like you guys are staying busy. I wish that I could find a good swim lesson place as well. I think that there are just too many kids at the safford pool to actually learn anything these days.