Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Realization...Families Are Forever

Every year on our anniversary, Jason and I make a special attempt to get out of town alone...and make a trip to the temple. With busy days ahead and an opportunity to go through with an awesome friend who is a convert and going through for her first time, we decided to make our trip early (our Anniversary isn't till June23). I was fun to just be a couple--to talk, to go on a real date with dinner and all, and to just enjoy the quiet. The resort was really nice, the temple was busy, the shopping was good, and my kids were well taken care of by my in-laws back home (THANKS Rose and Kent!!!). All in all, a great get away!
This little trip made me realize how lucky I really am--to have the gospel, my husband, my children, and to have a forever family. Reagan and I went to Calob's service last week. (Calob was in Kindergarten in Thatcher and passed away recently.) Reagan and many of her classmates and church friends sang "I Am A Child of God" to a chapel full of non-members. There wasn't a dry eye in the place. My heart aches for a mother who lost her little boy. But I am grateful to know of Heavenly Father's plan...to know that a family can be forever...that all is not lost...that there can be peace in our hearts. What a realization...MY FAMILY IS FOREVER--and I wouldn't trade that for anything!

Some cute pics of fun at Nana and Poppa's:

Next time I'll have to remember my camera for some "just us" pics of me and Jason...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Every so often it really is important to stop and realize just what we have and what we are working toward.
I always remember the "No empty chair" program that my Mom and Dad did for us all...it really IS important for each of us to work on our "forever family" every day.
P.S. Your kids were great. We had a wonderful time.
Who's next?

Luke & Erica said...

That is so nice. Luke have never been through the temple, but that is something we are working on. Since having Erynn, I feel this need to be sealed as a family. I love my family so much and couldn't imagine any kind of life without them. I can't believe how big Travis is. He looks so much older in those pics.

Janae said...

I loved your post. I completely understand what you are saying and Tyrell and I haven't gone thru yet. We are soon (June 24th)! It is great to hear. Thanks