Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pre-Halloween Fun and Festivities!




Misty asked a while back if I was interested in having/hosting a Halloween party. I was tempted, but knew life for the beginning of Oct would be crazy so I opted for the "You plan it and I'll help in anyway you need" reply. My only real assigned tasked was to have the party at my house and help decorated (the fun and easy things!). So, I honestly feel like this was the best party I've been to in a while. (It was fantastic not to be in charge and just get to watch the kids all having fun!) Misty did a fantastic job with games and goodies! The kids loved "making mummies" and performing their "tricks for treats." The costumes were great and there were lots of laughs! Hope this becomes another fall tradition!
We also did the standard pumpkin carving this weekend, but it was a bit lonely. We usually carve 1 or 2 with the Larson clan and then always have the Woods family over for night of Pumpkin Carving fun too(which is perfect 'cuz the kids go play and return when the pumpkins are finished!) But this year, we were on our own. Reagan loved helping clean out the pumpkin insides and Travis just loved emptying all the cabinets as we watched helplessly with pumpkin hands. The pumpkins turned out cute (even if Jason thinks they are dumb).





We also made it to Jack's baby blessing in Vail on Sunday. It was early, but worth it. He is a precious little guy. Seems like Travis was just that big yesterday!

Sister Lutz--a neighbor of ours--decided to have a "block" party on Monday night. There were tons of games and good. I was glad I had gotten permission to go to work late because Jason was in charge of grilling (his favorite!). The kids got dressed up again and Travis is finally getting use to his dog ear hat! And Reagan now thinks she should just wear her "new hair" all the time! Oh, the Halloween Fun!

No comments: