Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Through The Eyes of a One Year Old


What is all the fuss about? Why is everyone at my house at the same time? Did mom comb my hair 'cuz everyone is looking at me. Dad--DO NOT put me down! I smiled once already and I'm done smiling now. No, I'm not looking that direction no matter. This is cool--I get to eat all the cake I want without being dressed?! I love black frosting! Give me back that toy--I want to play with it, not open another present! My Aunt Tanya is having a baby? Good. I love cousins!

What does a one year old think? I have no idea--Travis only says "Hi Dad, Mama, Uhoh, and Wow" so that doesn't tell me much. I can only imagine what goes on inside that cute little head. His eyes are the window to his soul though. They tell you if he is happy, sad, hungry, or just plain mad. But really, Travis is the most content little guy you'll meet--he puts up with a lot and just goes with the flow. He absolutely adores Reagan and loves any bit of attention he gets from her. He is a Daddy's boy and cries the second Jason walks out of the room. (I contend that this one isn't fair--Reagan was/is a Daddy's girl--what about mom?!) He loves being outside--swinging, crawling around the back yard chasing the dogs, or just trying to eat dirt. It breaks my heart a bit to think that he is already one. Our baby is growing up so fast! I wish he could stay my baby forever.

For Travis's party--we built on his passion for wheels! We had a construction party. The big kids got to play a few games and Travis was happy to open presents, but didn't like to move on to the next of course. He loved eating his own tire cake and dug in without any coaching. What a sight he was after he had gotten his fill. It was a good night and and a nice little party and we even managed it without any baby melt downs! Success!

3 comments:

Amber H. said...

K, that cake you made is adorable! I have to say, we (me and the twins) were looking through the pictures and when they saw the one with him all covered in cake they started yelling "EWE! Gross!" Too funny :o) Thanks for the entertainment!

Kris said...

Wow- it looks like you guys had quite the time. I wish we could've come, but Emma had school.
We even forgot to call- though I did think of it about 15 times that day, by the time I picked up the phone, it was too late! Give him a big hug & kiss from us- we love you guys.

Kori said...

I can't believe your little guy is already one! I haven't even met him yet. We have got to come to Thatcher and visit, just finding a free weekend is the key.