Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Life Lately...

...Is getting busy! With just the normal end of the year activities and daily life, I find myself running--literally!

Reagan had her parents day at dance. She loved showing off and giggling with her friends as usual. I'm sad I didn't get a pic with her and Brinley--who has been her dance buddy all year. (We've switched off going to Brin's house and her coming to ours making driving easier on the moms!)
Sam is one of Reagan's teachers--Reagan totally adores her! We are grateful to have great teachers like her and Jenny!

Reagan also rode on the dance float in the Cinco de Mayo parade. She was so excited to wave to us, but when she went by us--she just "looked past us" and later said she could hear us, but not see us! Silly girl!

I got to see Keremy, a girlfriend from college this weekend. It brought back lots of memories and it was fun to meet her little ones. I look forward to more visits as she and her family return to the valley to visit the temple. (Another cool perk to the temple--seeing friends more often as they come to enjoy our temple.)

Travis is enjoying Mom to himself as last week was our last to babysit Kaela as Tanya's tax season job ended. He is loving being outside and has discovered swinging. "Faster! Higher!' he shouts over and over at me.

Our garden is starting to take off do to the sunshine one day and the spring showers the next.

Jason spring project has finally come to a close as he finished restoring his red Farmall tractor. He has been working on it for months and so excited to show it off! Travis thinks its the best ever and loves taking rides on it!

Jason is now working on our summer splurge--our above ground swimming pool! We are ALL so excited! First a pad, then leveling...then it a little deck and actually putting the pool up. Yeah! These hot summer days are about to be much more bearable!
I have been working on changing our family room decor with new material and few new decorations. I so love doing this and just wish I had the $$ and time to change it more often. I am back to running and went with Mila for a 14+ miler on Saturday...and loved every minute of it!This week I also taught the YW lesson...actually 2 lessons combined: Family History & Righteous Family Traditions. I realized I have a lot to do on my side of the F.H. dept and made me grateful for Grandma Joy and all the work she has already done. I also have thought lots about the traditions part of the lesson and want my children to remember some of our traditions these days:
Sunday Nights at Nana and Papa's with all the cousins
Getting Icees in town at the Oasis and making our own at home
Going on ranger rides
Reading scriptures before bed
Playing baseball and basketball in our back yard
Saying family prayers on Travis's bed
FHE--especially the ones Reagan plans (movies are her favorite!)
The sound of Reagan playing Indian Celebration over and over (her recital song)
Eating Mom's homemade cinnamon rolls and cookies
Spending the occasional night with Aunt Tanya
Going fishing with Granddad and Grandma and Levi
Playing legos endlessly

I'm sure there are lots more things I don't want Reagan and Travis to forget, but hopefully these one liners will bring smiles to faces someday as they look back and think of the cool righteous family traditions they had in their family.

I love my kids and love making memories/traditions with them. As life get busier, I want us always to have time for each other.

1 comment:

Heather A said...

Man, you really have been busy lately! I was disappointed not to get to the temple during the open house. Maybe we'll be able to go through the next time we are down. Sounds like a good and happy life.