Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Funny Kids!

I just wanted to jot down some of the funny things my kids do and say these days...before I forget them.
Travis is talking and learning to mimic things we say. His favorite word right now is "Stinky." If anyone goes into the bathroom (especially Daddy), Travis follows and yells "Stinky! Stinky!" It is hilarious! Then, whenever we ask Travis if he is stinky, he use to pull up his shirt and say, "Stinky!" but now he puts on a huge smile and takes off running! Potty training promises to be interesting...what a boy!
Reagan is learning lots in kindergarten. She came home and asked, "Mom, can you have a baby girl?" I smiled and quickly asked if she wanted a sister. She said, "Yep, and we should name her Megan so we rhyme!" I explained even if she ever had a sister, we wouldn't name her Megan because that would be too confusing...she thought for a minute and agreed but decided it is still fun to rhyme.
Travis is a brave little guy. As soon as no one is looking, he stands up on the kitchen table. I catch him there several times a day. What a monkey! I just hope he doesn't fall...
On the way home the other night, a kitty ran out in front of us and thump...Jason accidentaly hit it. Reagan said, "What was that?" We both mumbled "Nothing"...Reagan loves animals and is very tender-hearted when it comes to them. "Was that a DEAD cat?" We smiled sadly...it was now and more mumbling of "Uh-huh". "Oh, okay." Luckily, she was content with her own answer.
Travis loves drinking his bath water! Gross! He also calls me "Daddy" all the time and only calls me "Mama" when he isn't getting what he wants or wants my attention immediately. What a toad!
Reagan makes up songs constantly...tonight she was singing at the top of her lungs, "The penguin wrecked his blue truck...blue truck...blue truck...blue truck," over and over again! Jason and I are contemplating singing lessons...but we give her all the credit in the world for her imagination! Travis constantly is pouring things out or turning over his plate or throwing things down. His simple reply--"Uh-oh!" ....We are working on meanings as well as words in his vocabulary these days!
Reagan came in the other night with the saddest look on her face, "Mama, how come nobody likes me?" I grabbed her hand and as my heart melted I asked, "Oh, baby! How come you think that?" She said, "Cuz everyone keeps hitting me in the head!" I had to laugh. She had hit her head on the kitchen cabinet just as I opened it before dinner. Then, Travis had thrown a cup at her while she was in the tub and it had hit her in the head too! Poor kid...sometimes you just have a rough day. I reassured her she is loved...even if accidents do happen.
Oh, kids truly are the excitement in life!

1 comment:

Amber H. said...

Ok that last one made me laugh so hard. Poor kid. It's no fun to have everything and everyone hitting you in the head! That is WAY too cute.