Tuesday, May 5, 2009

18 MoNtHs ALrEaDy?!



As I nestled Travis in my arms the other night...in the middle of the night...I should have been wishing I was sleeping or at least be angry at him for waking me. He usually sleeps through the night, but its like he can sense my work induced sleep deprivation and can't help compounding it. Instead, I stood holding him, cuddling him for longer than he needed. Just enjoying my baby. He's 18 months now! I can't believe how in the blink of an eye, my baby boy has become quite the big boy. Or so he thinks he is! Highchair? No, way! This boy wants to sit at the table like everyone else. Sippy cup for dinner? No again! Travis wants a cup and doesn't even spill. No baby toys--he throws those. No cuddling, unless its a night like that...but he does give the cutest kisses these days. Travis even had his 18mo. check up last week. He IS getting so big--25 lbs. and 33 inches long! And so smart...the cutest part of our visit was when we walked into the office and he went straight to the cupboard and said "Sucker" and pointed to where Dr. M keeps them. Sometimes I think he is too smart for his own good...or my own good. He sure can make the biggest messes! I truly love this age...well, minus the screaming when he doesn't get his way. But I do love how he learns new words every day, explores absolutely everything, tries to copy everything his sister does (which is often hilarious), and how a hug from mom or dad can comfort his tears. What a blessing Travis is...I wouldn't trade him OR the last 18months for anything!

2 comments:

Janae said...

I completely understand what you mean with Maky being the same age as Travis! They are just too busy and don't want to be babies anymore. So we have to sneak those extra snuggle moments while we can! Enjoy all of them!

Kori said...

You forgot to mention the best part of being 18 months old, NURSERY!!!